Sunday, February 2, 2014
I am a Penguin
I am hoping to suffer from "Adult Onset Runners". Last year I started walking. I walked a lot and I walked everywhere. I really liked it, but I wanted it to translate into running, which it never did. This year I am doing the run/walk/run method of running. I feel empowered with this method. I think I can do it. I am so excited to accomplish my first 5k. I have already bought the 10k app for my phone. I feel so much better when I get out and run. Right now my run/walk ration is really low 15 sec run/45 sec walk. My goal is both time and distance. I would like to not only run a 10k by the end of the year, but run it in a 1 min run/ 1 min walk ratio. So what does this have to do with being a penguin. Penguins are Adult Onset Runners (people that started running as Adults) that run slowly and waddle across the finish line. They run the 5K's, 10K's, 1/2 marathons, and yes they even run Marathons. They race to come in under the time limits, they race to finish, they race to be better than they were before, and even though they may be slow they accomplish their goals.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment